Module 1: Advanced Formulas
This module explains how to work with advanced formulas in Excel.
- Using Named Ranges in Formulas
- Using Formulas That Span Multiple Worksheets
- Using the IF Function
- Using the PMT Function
- Using the LOOKUP Function
- Using the VLOOKUP Function
- Using the HLOOKUP Function
- Using the CONCATENATE Function
- Using the TRANSPOSE Function
- Using the PROPER, UPPER, and LOWER Functions
- Using the LEFT, RIGHT, and MID Functions
- Using Date Functions
- Creating Scenarios
Lab : Advanced Formulas
- Name and label cells and ranges of cells.
- Use names and labels in formulas.
- Create formulas that span multiple worksheets.
- Use the conditional IF function and its variants in formulas.
- Use the PMT function to calculate payments for loans.
- Use the LOOKUP function.
- Use the HOOKUP function.
- Use the CONCATENATE function to join the contents of numerous cells.
- Use the PROPER, UPPER, and LOWER functions to alter the casing of text.
- Use the LEFT, RIGHT, and MID functions to return characters from the start or end of a string, or a specific number of text characters.
- Use various date functions.
Module 2: Working with Lists
This module explains how to work with lists in Microsoft Excel 2013.
- Converting a List to a Table
- Removing Duplicates from a List
- Sorting Data in a List
- Filtering Data in a List
- Adding Subtotals to a List
- Lab : Working with Lists
- Convert data into tables.
- Remove duplicates from tables.
- Sort data in Excel.
- Filter data in Excel.
- Use subtotals to automatically total related data.
- Group and grouping data.
Module 3: Working with Illustrations
Adding illustrations to Microsoft Excel worksheets is a great way to improve their look and feel, and also to illustrate your points. Fortunately, it's easy to add pictures (your own or choose from a large library of pictures provided by Microsoft) and shapes.
- Working with Clip Art
- Using Shapes
- Working with Smart Art
- Lab : Working with Illustrations
- Add pictures to your worksheets.
- Use Clip Art to illustrate your worksheets.
- Insert shapes into Microsoft Excel worksheets.
- Use Smart Art to illustrate your worksheets.
Module 4: Visualizing Your Data
This module explains how to use techniques for visualizing your dat
- Inserting Charts
- Add and Format Objects
- Insert a Text Box
- Create a Custom Chart Template
- Lab : Visualizing Your Data
- Create charts that enable you to visualize your data.
- Choose what data is displayed in your charts.
- Show and hide data labels.
- Show and hide the legend.
- Show and hide the chart title.
- Add a picture or shape to a chart.
- Change the way text displays in a chart.
- Change the fill color of a chart.
- Add and format objects in a worksheet.
Module 5: Working with Tables
This Working with tables in Excel 2013 can help you organize your data. In Excel, you can group data together into a table and then manipulate that table.
- Format Data as a Table
- Move between Tables and Ranges
- Modify Tables
- Define Titles
- Lab : Working with Tables
- Format data in Excel as a table.
- Modify Excel tables.
Module 6: Advanced Formatting
This module explains how to use advanced formatting techniques in Excel 2013.
- Applying Conditional Formatting
- Working with Styles
- Creating and Modifying Templates
- Lab : Advanced Formatting
- Use conditional formatting to display cells differently based on their values.
- Quickly format tables using styles.
- Format cells using styles.
Module 7: Microsoft Excel 2013 New Features
Excel 2013 provides a number of new functions and tools to help make working with worksheets easier and more efficient.
- New Functions in Excel 2013
- Using New Chart Tools
- Using the Quick Analysis Tool
- Using the Chart Recommendation Feature
- Lab : Microsoft Excel 2013 New Features
- Use new functions available in Excel 2013.
- Use the new chart tools in Excel 2013.
- Use the Quick Analysis tool.
- Use the Chart Recommendation feature.