- Identify the basic components of network theory.
- Identify the major network communications methods.
- Identify network data delivery methods.
- List and describe network media and hardware components.Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP network implementation.Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the components of a LAN implementation.Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify major issues and technologies in network security.Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify major issues and technologies in disaster recovery.
- Identify major data storage technologies and implementations.
- Identify the primary network operating systems.
- Explore tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe how to troubleshoot network issues.
- CompTIA A+ Certification or equivalent knowledge, and some practical industry experience in networking are strongly recommended.
This course is geared toward technicians with nine to 12 months of experience in the IT industry who wish to earn their Network+ certification.
Mentor shall discuss on classroom.
Module 1: Network Theory
- Networking Terminology
- Network Building Blocks
- Standard Network Models
- Physical Network Topologies
- Logical Network Topologies
- Topic 1F: Network Categories
Module 2: Network Communications Methods
- Transmission Methods
- Media Access Methods
- Signaling Methods
Module 3: Network Data Deliver
- Data Addressing and Delivery
- Delivery Techniques
Module 4: Network Media and Hardware
- Bounded Network Media
- Unbounded Network Media
- Noise Control
- Network Connectivity Devices
- Wiring Distribution Components
Module 5: Network Implementation
- The OSI Model
- Ethernet Networks
- Token Ring Networks
- Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI) Networks
- Wireless Technologies and Standards
Module 6: Networking with TCP/IP
- Families of Protocols
- The TCP/IP Protocol
- IP Address Basics
- Custom IP Addresses
- The IP Version 6 Protocol
- The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
Module 7: TCP/IP Services
- IP Address Assignment Methods
- Host Name Resolution
- TCP/IP Utilities
- TCP/IP Upper-Layer Services
- TCP/IP Interoperability Services
Module 8: Local Area Network Infrastructure
- Bridges and Switches
- IP Routing
- Static IP Routing
- Dynamic IP Routing
- Control Data Movement with Filters and VLANs
Module 9: Wide Area Network Infrastructure
- WAN Switching Technologies
- WAN Transmission Technologies
- WAN Connectivity Methods
- Voice Over Data Systems
Module 10: Network Security
- Computer Security Basics
- Data Encryption
- Protect Network Traffic with IP Security (IPsec)
- Internet Security
- Local Security
- Common Threats
- Threat Mitigation Techniques
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Educate Users
Module 11: Remote Networking
- Remote Network Architectures
- Remote Access Networking Implementations
- Virtual Private Networking
- Remote Control Computing
Module 12: Disaster Recovery
- Examine Configuration Management Documentation
- Plan for Disaster Recovery
- Fault Tolerance Methods
- Data Backup
Module 13: Network Data Storage
- Enterprise Data Storage
- Network-Attached Storage (NAS)
- Storage Area Network (SAN) Implementations
Module 14: Network Operating Systems
- UNIX and Linux Operating Systems
- Apple Mac OS X
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Novell Open Enterprise Server
Module 16: Network Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Models
- TCP/IP Troubleshooting Utilities
- Hardware Troubleshooting Tools
- Common Connectivity Issues
Module 17: Detecting and Fighting Malware
- Data Security with Authentication
- Windows Security
Module 18: Interface Concept
- Command Line Interface
- Application Command
Module 19: Layer Concept
- Layer 2
- Layer 3
- Virtual Wire
Required fields are marked (*).
Required fields are marked (*).